I wish more than anything that I could be down in San Antonio or in Pensacola celebrating Thanksgiving with the ones I love. I was sitting in my office at UBC streaming Liberty's service this past Sunday morning and I was struck by something Pastor Josh said, "Make a list. Make a list of what you are thankful for. Have a heart of thanksgiving." Such a simple exercise of the heart. Now, without further adieu...
I'm so incredibly thankful for:
1. Oxygen, the breath of life
2. God's beautiful, incomprehensible, unfailing love
3. A loving family to laugh with and lean on. Who is there for me even when we're 3000 miles apart
4. Caring friends, and the many surprises and love they fill my life with
5. The ability to stretch my legs and run
6. The gift of music and it's therapeutic, praise-giving capabilities
7. Sight and the glorious colors of the morning sun
8. Skype and the ability to connect with those I love
9. Home and the sense of belonging it provides
10. Truth, and those who speak it into my life
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
David Crowder has the perfect song for today.
Happy Thanksgiving from Canada with love. Enjoy!